We've Got Your Answers
Below are some frequently asked questions for our Members and Individuals. Click any question to jump to the answer.
Have additional questions for us? Contact us to speak to a dedicated Member Services Representative.
- How do I find a dentist?
- Can I print my Member ID Card?
- How do I make an appointment?
- What if I need to cancel my appointment?
- How often should I visit my dentist?
- What if I need to change my dentist?
- What are my dental benefits?
- How do I contact MCNA if I have questions or need help?
- What types of dental plans do you offer?
- Where can I download forms?
- What are some questions I should ask the dentist during the dental visit?
- Why are preventive services important?
How do I find a dentist?
Search our Online Provider Directory to find a dentist near you. You can search for a dentist by name, gender, location, language, and more.
Can I print my Member ID Card?
Yes! Click here to print your Member ID Card.
How do I make an appointment?
Call the dentist you chose from MCNA's network to let the office know about your coverage. They will schedule you for your appointment. Contact our Member Services Hotline if you need help.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
Keeping your appointment is important. That time is very valuable to your dentist. MCNA requests that you call your dentist's office at least 24 hours in advance to tell them you cannot make your appointment.
How often should I visit my dentist?
It is recommended that you visit your dentist every 6 months for an oral examination and cleaning.
What if I need to change my dentist?
Select your plan to learn how to change your dentist on that plan. For more information, call our Member Services Hotline to speak to a representative.
What are my dental benefits?
We offer dental care to cover most dental needs. The benefits vary depending on your dental plan. Click here to select your dental plan and learn more.
How do I contact MCNA if I have questions or need help?
MCNA cares about your smile. We are here to help you. Please call our toll-free Member Services Hotline with your questions.
What types of dental plans do you offer?
MCNA offers Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), and Medicare plans to our members. Click here to see a list of our plans. We also offer Commercial Dental Plans for private employers, individuals, and families.
Where can I download forms?
You can download forms from our Forms and Literature page.
What are some questions I should ask the dentist during the dental visit?
Here are some of our suggestions for questions you should ask the dentist:
- How often should I get a dental check-up?
- How much will these dental services cost me?
- Why do I need a cleaning?
- Do I have a cavity?
- What toothbrush should I use?
- How do I care for my infant's mouth?
- Is there a link between diet and oral health?
- Why is fluoride good for me?
- What are dental sealants, who should get them, and how long do they last?
- How can I prevent "baby bottle tooth decay"?
Why are preventive services important?
Many children in the United States benefit from routine preventive dental care; however, there are still millions of children who needlessly suffer from avoidable dental disease. Tooth decay remains the single most common chronic childhood disease, causing children and their families to suffer. According to the April 2013 report entitled Children's Dental Health Project Issue Brief, "the cost to treat caries-related symptoms on an inpatient basis is approximately 10 times greater than in a dental office ($6,498 compared to $660)." Therefore, preventive dental intervention, including early and routine preventive care, fluoridation, and dental sealants, is a truly cost-effective measure to reduce the burden of disease and its associated expenditures.